Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Message from John Ziegler

(This is Cece typing for John. He says he is not a talker. He lies. He has lots of good things to say. Here he goes:)

I would like to thank all of my co workers in SICU including RNs, Respiratory Therapy, doctors, secretaries, NAs. The support you've shown brings tears to my eyes when I even think about it. I'll try to describe the feelings I've had as I prepare for this trip. A special thanks goes to Joe G. for organizing the donations. You are too cool.

On the 19th we were not sure that we were going to be going the next day. It was like sitting in an open cockpit with your parachute on, getting ready to jump. The anticipation was all but overwhelming. I was tearful as I shopped with the support that you've all given me. Late in the day, we were told we would not be flying out on the 20th. The feeling was of such a letdown from the high energy of the day.

This morning, we got the call that we were leaving and would be in Haiti by noon tomorrow. The feeling is that we are out the door and we're going to experience the joy of the free fall.

Thank you for your prayers and support. I love you all

Oh, and I would like to thank my brother-in-law who gave me his watch because I forgot mine. Stephanie, I will always love you.

John.

No comments: